Snapseed is a free photo editor with features that rival the best-paid apps. It’s designed for users of all skill levels, from those who want to apply quick filters to those who want to delve deep into adjustments and powerful editing tools.
The variety of options is astounding, and the interface is well-thought-out. With a few swipes and taps, you can crop, adjust, and edit curves. Vertical drags are frequently used to select parameters, while horizontal drags define the strength of an effect – tactile and intuitive. Even better, edits are non-destructive and can be removed or changed at any time by navigating to the edits stack.
Important Features of Snapseed
- Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, and Perspective are among the 29 tools and filters available (see list below)
- Supports JPG and RAW file formats.
- Save your personal looks and reuse them in future photos.
- Brush for selective filtering
- All styles can be fine-tuned with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tutorial cards with Snapseed and general photography tips and tricks
Key Aspects of Snapseed
- RAW Develop – opens and modifies native camera files; saves non-destructively or exports as JPG.
- Fine-tune image – automatically or manually adjust exposure and colour with fine, precise control.
- Details – brings out surface structures in images in a magical way.
- Crop – crop to standard sizes or crop as desired.
- Rotate – 90° rotation or straightening a skewed horizon
- Perspective – straighten crooked lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings.
- White Balance – change the colours to make the image appear more natural.
- Brush – retouch exposure, saturation, brightness, or warmth selectively.
- Selective – the world-famous “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and apply enhancements; the algorithm takes care of the rest.
- Remove the uninvited neighbour from a group photo for healing.
- Vignette – create soft darkness around the corners, similar to how a beautiful, wide-aperture photograph would.
- Text – include both stylized and plain text (38 predefined styles)
- Curves – control the brightness levels in your photos precisely.
- Extend – increase the size of your canvas and intelligently fill the new space with image content.
Finally, the app allows you to save any combination of adjustments as a custom preset, which you can then use with a single tap on any image in the future.